Tellus is the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) vendor for Medicaid in select states and regions. CentralReach has an integration to submit claims requiring EVV verification through Tellus. Please route questions, as recommended below.
Please contact Tellus for the following:
- Tellus registration (Sign up here)
- Tellus portal training (View claims training)
- Tellus portal lockouts
- Claim status in Tellus
- Questions about claim reason codes
- Claims that are accepted by Tellus, but rejected by the payor
Contact Tellus using the information below:
Please contact CentralReach for the following:
- CR Mobile training (View playbook or online course)
- CR Mobile or CentralReach issues
- Claims that are immediately rejected by Tellus
- Auditing for missing information. The most common missing information for Tellus/ACHA claims include:
- Missing or Incorrect Medicaid ID
- Wrong NPI/EIN
- Missing Date of Birth (DOB)
CentralReach has implemented a geocoding service to validate service locations, which is used for scheduling appointments. Latitude and longitude coordinates are now added with location addresses when adding, editing, and updating calendar locations from the Contacts and Scheduling modules.
CentralReach can geocode:
The Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration’s (AHCA) program has contracted Tellus to be used for Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) in Florida Medicaid regions 9, 10, and 11. CentralReach is integrated with Tellus to support seamless EVV claim submission.
Connecting CentralReach to Tellus
In order to link Tellus to your CentralReach account, providers need to sign up for Tellus, here. A gateway should also be set up in CentralReach for Tellus. Once users have an account with Tellus, they will have access to a portal to view the status of claims in Tellus’ claim dashboard.
- Have the referring physician set up.
- Utilize CR Mobile with Visit Verification enabled.
- Please note, if multiple services were provided for the same client on the same day, the claims should not be combined.
If billing the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) as the secondary, the primary payor must use the CR Mobile workflow with visit verification enabled. Users must then receive an electronic payment from the payor and generate a secondary claim.
Rendered Service Files
CentralReach will send a rendered service file with all required fields to Tellus. The “Responses” section of the Claims Manager will update with an “accepted” or “rejected” status. If the file is accepted, providers can log into Tellus’ portal and release the file for Tellus to generate an 837 claim to send to Medicaid. Tellus may take up to 4 hours to process the file and make available in the portal. If it does not appear in that time period, please contact Tellus support. If the file is rejected, it will state the information that was incorrect. Once the file is corrected, it can be resent to Tellus.
Standard clearinghouse fees apply.
Click here to learn more about CR Mobile and Tellus.
Time zones default to geolocated addresses found within appointments. Users cannot edit time zone defaults unless they have the following permissions enabled in the Permissions module:
- (Scheduling > Access):
- Basic access to the Scheduling module.
- (Appointments > Allow Edit Timezone):
- Allows users to edit time zones in appointments.
Click here to learn more about time zones in appointments.
Click here to learn more about Scheduling module permissions.
Time zones default to either the current user’s time zone or a geocoded address in an appointment. To use time zone selectors and make changes to time zone defaults, users must have permissions enabled in the Permissions module.
For EVV compliance, users are required to select a UTC time zone from a list of IANA time zones when:
Each time zone field will pre-populate with the current user’s or browser’s localized time zone. If scheduling an appointment or converting a timesheet using the same time zone as the current user, users do not need to edit these fields.
- For instance, in the above image of the timesheet, because the current user is located in New York, the timezone drop-down next to “Time Worked” defaulted to “America/New_York.” The user would only need to select a different time zone in the drop-down if the service provided did not occur in the “America/New_York” time zone.
Users can select a different time zone in the drop-downs if the scheduled appointments or converted timesheets occur in different time zones than the current user. Time zone drop-downs will display the five most recent time zones selected under “Recently Selected.”
Click here to learn more about time zones in appointments.
Appointments and calendar events in the Scheduling module are localized and default to one of three time zones in the following order:
- Current user or browser: if a client or service location has not been added to the appointment, then the time zone will default to the current user’s time zone.
- If the client’s location is added to the appointment, the client’s time zone will override the current user or browser’s time zone.
- Client: if a client has been selected in the appointment and their address has been geocoded, then the time zone will default to the time zone based on the client’s address.
- Service location: if a service location has been added to the appointment and the service location has been geocoded, then the time zone will default to the time zone based on the service location’s address.
- If a service location is added to the appointment, the service location’s time zone will override both the time zones of the client location and the current user or browser.
Please note, time zone defaults cannot be modified unless users have permission to do so.
The current user’s time zone is used to render calendar events.
- For example, if the current user is located in New York and the calendar includes an appointment in California at 12 PM, PST, the calendar will display the appointment at 3 PM, EST.
If the current user’s or client’s time zone differs from the appointment’s time zone, a globe icon will display in “View My Calendar” when hovering over the appointment.
The service date, time, and time zone also appear in the “Appointment Details.”
Click here to learn more about time zone selectors.