When trying to schedule a client’s appointment, if the authorized service codes cannot be added to the appointment, it is due to the following reasons:
- The Enforce Rate is not set up on the Service Code: navigate to the Billing module to review and edit the service code, and check the Enforce Rate to ensure all custom rates are properly set up for all employees.
- Authorization has expired: navigate to the client’s Dashboard and review the Authorizations widget to view all of their active authorizations. If the authorization periods have expired, the authorization service codes will be unavailable to schedule a client appointment.
- Locked to Provider: the authorization has been locked to a specific provider and an appointment is trying to be scheduled with another provider. To enable more than one provider to be scheduled for appointments with the client, edit the authorization and remove the locked provider.
- Code Requires Authorization: the code you are trying to schedule the appointment for requires an authorization and it is currently not added to the client’s list of authorization codes. As such, once the code is added to the client’s authorization files, along with other authorization codes, the code should appear in the client’s authorization codes on the appointment page.
- Employee is not Connected to the Code(s): when connecting employees to service codes, ensure the employee is connected to the right code ID that is in the authorization. Then, set up the employee with a custom rate for the code(s) and schedule an appointment.