Paya offers a card account updater feature, which automatically updates card-on-file information. Clients must sign up for this feature through Paya, prior to enabling this feature.
To enable the card account updater feature:
- Log in to the organization’s admin account and click My Profile.
- Click the Settings tab and select Additional Settings.
- Under Merchant Settings, select the Enable Card Account Updater checkbox.
- A “Secure Token” field will appear, enter the Secure Token API credential provided by Paya.
- Secure Token is a required field that will be sent to Paya to authorize the card account updater feature.
- Click Save Settings.
Please note, users cannot edit their credit cards on file. When clients’ credit cards are automatically updated, the previous card is deleted and the new credit card is added to their account.