CR ScheduleAI helps organizations improve their productivity, maximize provider and client availability, and streamline the scheduling process. Users can run optimization, import schedules, and create draft schedules. Contact your Account Manager for more information.
Click here to learn the steps to complete prior to running optimization.
Click here for the CR ScheduleAI permissions.
Click here to learn how to run optimization.
Once an organization has the “Optimize Schedule” feature enabled, the following permissions are needed to access this section of the Scheduling module:
- (Scheduling > Scheduling Optimization Access): Provides basic access to the “Optimize Schedule” section of the Scheduling module.
Scheduling / CR ScheduleAI
Recurring Appointments with an Optimized Schedule
For users that want to create a series of recurring appointments after running a seven-day optimized schedule, there are two options:
- Add the appointments from the seven-day optimized series with the details added and make the last appointment of that series recurring.
- Add the appointments from the seven-day optimized series with the details added and start fresh the following week/date range to start the recurring appointment series (replicating the previous week’s schedule).
It is not recommended to make the first appointment of the optimized seven-day series a recurring appointment, as this will result in an error by producing duplicate appointments with the provider and/or client overlap.
After running optimization, a draft schedule will be created for users to visually see the schedule. Select the “View draft” icon on the right-hand side of a schedule in the “Draft Schedules” tab.
The calendar is color-coordinated by provider with dotted lines representing drafted appointments and solid lines representing existing appointments. Search providers in the search bar on the left-hand side. A list of providers will display with the amount of appointments scheduled. Users can view minimum drive time, maximum therapy hours, and balanced optimization types, as well as dates and times of each appointment, and the provider and clients.
Users can edit drafted and existing appointments. Editing existing appointments will make the appointment a draft. Select “PUBLISH” to make the schedule live. After publishing the schedule, users can enter any additional information, such as Place of Service, labels, recurring appointment, etc in the appointment details.
When selecting the “Optimize schedule by” drop-down, users can choose to view:
- Minimum Drive Time: displays appointments with the least amount of drive time for providers.
- Maximum Therapy Hours: displays appointments that utilize the most hours for therapy sessions. The provider’s drive time will likely be longer with this optimization type, as it displays the schedule that has the most therapy hours.
- Balanced: displays appointments with the highest net revenue.
Search providers in the search bar on the left-hand side. A list of providers will display with the amount of appointments scheduled.
The “Optimize Schedule” section of the Scheduling module contains two tabs:
- Run optimization: Filter by clients and providers, select an optimization type, date range of up to 7 days, primary office location, service code labels, and session length. Users can also download a preview of the clients, providers, and current schedules in the selected date range for an idea of what is currently in CentralReach.
- Please note, providers and clients need to have a primary office location that is geolocated in the “Basics” section of their Profile.
- Draft Schedules: After running optimization, users are directed to this tab to view the date range, session length, and status of each draft schedule. Select the “View draft” icon on the right-hand side to view the appointments by provider, minimum drive time, maximum therapy hours, and balanced optimization types. Appointments can be edited and the schedule can then be published.