Once your time off request has been approved, if your organization has additional time off settings configured, an appointment will be automatically added to your calendar with a PTO service code. This will prevent you from getting booked during your scheduled time off and allows you to convert your time off to a timesheet.
To view your time off request on your calendar:
- Navigate to the Scheduling module and select View My Calendar.
- Enter the date you have time off scheduled and approved.
- The request will be shown on your calendar and the corresponding time will be booked.
The time off requests added to your calendar must be converted to a timesheet for payroll transactions to be recorded correctly. You must convert the appointment as soon as the time off occurs.
Click here to learn how to view the status of your time off request.
Click here to learn how to set up the organization’s time off settings to book employees calendars when time off is approved.
To view the status of a time off request(s):
- Navigate to the Human Resources module and select My Time Off Requests.
- A summary of all your time off requests, along with their corresponding status, will be displayed.
- Click Show Details under the Dates Requested column to see further information on the time requested.
- Click Show Responses under the Status column to view the manager approval status: Awaiting response, Approved, or Denied.
- If you have (Admin – Time Off > Administrator) permission rights for your organization, you will see additional options to Approve, Deny, or Edit your own time off requests.
Users with the (Access) and (PTO > Access) Human Resources module permissions can request time off.
To request time off:
- Navigate to the Human Resources module and select Request Time Off
- Click the day(s) you want to request off on the calendar
- Edit the number of hours for the day(s), as necessary
- Click Select time off type… and select the type of time off you want to request from the drop-down list
- Click Click here to add approvers… and select the name of the manager(s) who need to approve your time off request. Select as many managers as needed from the list of managers displayed*
- Add notes and further details about the request under Add a note to this request…
- Click Submit Time Off Request on the bottom of the page
- Once the time off request has been made, it cannot be changed. If a paid time off request has been submitted and needs to be added as unpaid time off, deny the requests and have the employee submit a new request
*For a manager(s) to appear on the employee list, they must have (Time Off > Administrator) permission rights. Click here to learn more about time off approval permission rights.
The organization account, or a user with the proper permission, can create or edit a custom permission group for employees to manage other employees’ time off requests.
To grant employees permission to manage time off requests:
- Navigate to the Permissions module
- Select the permission group you want to grant access to manage time off requests, or create a new group for this permission
- Click here to learn how to create a new custom permission group
- Click the Permissions tab
- Click Human Resources
- To grant employees in the group complete access to manage all organization employees’ time off, click the x gray button on the right-hand side of (Time Off > Administrator), to turn it into a green checkmark
- To grant employees in the group access to manage their direct reports time off, click the x gray button on the right-hand side of (Time Off > Manage Employees), to turn it into a green checkmark
- To remove the time off managements permissions from a group, click the green checkmark to turn it into an x gray button
Click here to learn how to review employee time off.
Click here to learn how to request time off.