The Insights module, formerly the Reporting module, provides organizations with reporting visibility into their business performance. All users with access to the Insights module can view a complementary dashboard, My Appointments, as well as any custom or built in reports developed for the organization. To access the 14 standard dashboards, request upgraded access, which will be an additional cost. For pricing and to request more information, contact your CentralReach CSL or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Users with access to the Insights module can request more information directly from CentralReach. Click here to learn more.
Insights CR Insights
Insights Insights Dashboards Permissions
The following permissions are available to provide users access to the Insights module. These permissions can be enabled/disabled via the Permissions module.
- Basic access to the Insights module
- Settings > Manage
- Use report settings, allowing individual report assigning
Once an organization subscribes to the Insights module’s business intelligence dashboards, a user with the (Settings > Manage) permission can enable/disable other users’ access to each dashboard. All of the dashboards will be listed under the “Insights Dashboards” category within the “Settings” section of the Insights module. Click here to learn how to assign these permissions.
Click here to learn more about permissions.
Insights Insights Module Permissions
Employees with the following permissions have various levels of access to the Insights module. These permissions can be enabled via the Permissions module.
- Basic access to the Insights module.
- Settings > Manage
- Use report settings allowing individual report assigning.
Click here to learn about other permissions.
Insights Learn More About the Insights Dashboards
There are 14 standard dashboards located in the Insights module. Every user with access to the Insights module can view the My Appointments dashboard. The remaining dashboards are:
- Accounts Receivable
- Appointment Summary
- Authorization Analysis
- Behavior Tech KPIs
- Cancellation Analysis
- Claims Analysis
- Revenue Cycle KPIs
- Supervisor KPIs
- Staff Capacity
- Staff Productivity
- Tasks Summary
- Goal Summary
Click here to learn how to request access to the CR Insights dashboards.
The Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) report, formerly the Sales report, will be located in the Billing and Insights modules to provide a summary of billing data. This report allows users with the (Insights > Access) and (RCM Report > Access) permissions to view revenue, payments, receivables, overpayments, resolutions, and payor trends. Click here to learn how to view and download the RCM report.
Users can filter by a desired date range , and by selecting the payor or client bubbles at the top of the report.
The following icons on the right-hand side change the report’s display:
The search icon on the left-hand side provides the following filters:
- Client ID or Name
- Code Label
- Contact Label
- Billing label
- Insurance or Plan Name
- Provider ID or Name
- Service Code
Below the search filters, the “Overpayments by payor/client” and “Receivables by payor/client” charts include the following information:
- Overpayments by payor/client: a total of the payments within a selected date range, paid in excess for a service, as well as the overall total amount of overpayments.
- The red bubbles represent the overpayments.
- Receivables by payor/client: a total of the remaining payments within a selected date range, owed for a service, as well as an overall total of the amount of receivables.
- The blue bubbles represent receivables.
Selecting each bubble will also filter the grid on the bottom of the report by the information contained in the pop-up.
The following KPIs are located on the left-hand side:
- Gross collection rate (GCR): the total percentage of payments.
- Net collection rate (NCR): the total percentage of resolved payments.
Below both charts are the following columns in the grid:
- Charges: Regular charges and agreed charges.
- Sales Adjustments: All sales adjustments posted.
- Adjusted Charges: (Charges – Sales adjustments)
- Payments: The five payment types, cash, check, credit card, electronic, and credit memos.
- Please note, this column excludes overpayments.
- Gross Collection Rate (GCR)
- Bad Debt: All bad debt payments posted.
- Net Collection Rate (NCR)
- Receivables: Dollars still outstanding.
- Overpayments: Dollars overpaid.
The Receivables report is located in the Billing and Insights modules and provides a summary of overpayments and receivables. Users with the (Insights > Access) and (Receivables Report > Access) permissions will receive an insight into collections aging by payor and client. Click here to learn how to view and download the Receivables report.
Users can filter by a desired date range , sort by payor or client, date of service and first billed, and net, outstanding, and overpayments, located at the top of the report.
- Net: summation of Outstanding and Overpayments.
- Outstanding: Outstanding revenue at the billing entry line level and by type (Insurance vs. Patient).
- Overpayments: Overpaid revenue at the billing entry line level and by type (Insurance vs. Patient).
The following icons on the top right-hand side change the report’s display:
The search icon on the left-hand side contains the following filters:
- Client ID
- Client Name
- Code Label
- Billing Label
- Payor Name
- Plan Name
- Provider ID
- Provider Name
- Service Code
Below the search filters, the “AR Aging by payor” charts include the following filters:
- Primary insurance: select to highlight the circular bubbles that represent primary insurance.
- Secondary insurance: select to highlight the rhombus (diamond shape) bubbles that represent secondary insurance.
- Tertiary insurance: select to highlight the triangular bubbles that represent tertiary insurance.
Selecting each shape will also filter the grid on the bottom of the report by the information contained in the summary pop-up.
On the left-hand side of the chart are the following KPIs:
- AR Outstanding
- Over Payments
- AR > 90 Days
- Aging breakdown
Below “Aging Breakdown,” the following columns are contained in the grid:
- 0-30 days
- 60-90 days
- 90-120 days
- 120-180 days
- 190-365 days
- 365+ days
The “Name” column has a list of payors or clients’ IDs (depending on if the report is sorting by payor or client), along with the Insurance payments and Patient responsibility amounts under each aging bucket. Clicking each amount will bring you directly to the billing entry.