Auto Refresh in CR Mobile
CR Mobile will auto refresh once a day to ensure updated data is available. However, users can refresh each section of the application to sync updates to CentralReach by tapping the refresh icon on the upper right-hand side of the screen. Each module will contain the date and time of the last sync.
A banner will also display for offline users with the last sync date throughout the application until there is an internet connection.
CR Mobile is CentralReach’s mobile application solution to deliver high-quality, billable ABA clinical care on the go, with or without internet connectivity. There are two app versions:
- One available to all users with their Clinical/Learn subscription, which enables users to have access to Learners and data sheets for data collection on and offline.
- A premium version, that in addition to clinical data collection, also allows users to view their appointments, complete appointments, collect signatures, complete session notes and meet EVV compliance requirements.
Click here to view a list of features for each CR Mobile version.
Click here to learn how to download CR Mobile.
Click here to learn more about Electronic Visit Verification (EVV).
1. What will the new CR Mobile and SSO workflow experience be?
Users can complete their first-time authentication (validating their email) on the browser or in the CR Mobile application. However, since users will be directed to the same SSO website from either experience, CR Mobile users must have an online connection every time they re-authenticate their username and password.
For first-time authentication, it is recommended for users to validate their email address in CentralReach (browser) prior to signing into CR Mobile.
2. What is “Biometrics”?
Biometrics is the option to use Face ID or Touch ID when signing into CR Mobile. This feature depends on the mobile device’s capabilities. Therefore, if a mobile device does not support Face ID or Touch ID, users will not have the ability to enable this feature.
3. Will I need to do MFA and biometrics every time I use the app?
Yes, biometrics (Face ID/ Touch ID) will need to be completed every time users access the application. Biometrics will “replace” the security code needed to access the application. If biometrics is not set up, users will enter their PIN code when accessing the application.
Biometrics is used in place of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) verification code. If MFA is enabled, CR Mobile users need either an authenticator application or access to an email address when logging in, along with their username, password, and security code. Please note, users must be connected to the Internet when re-authenticating their username and password.
CR Mobile Features
CR Mobile enables easy ABA data collection, appointment management, and client care on-the-go. With CentralReach’s clinical subscription (Learn), users can utilize CR Mobile for data collection on and offline. Users can also upgrade to a premium subscription to unlock a suite of solutions, including viewing and converting appointments with mobile session notes, collecting provider signatures, validating Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), and more.
||Lite Experience for Technicians without CR Mobile Permission
||Premium Experience for Technicians WITH CR Mobile Permission
|Data collection with 9 acquisition data types
|Session graphs, instructional notes, and comments
|ABC Data Collection
|Sessions organized by learner
|Client Address Map View
|Mobile Session Notes
|Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
“X” is a supported feature.
The following permissions ONLY apply to the premium version of the application. Please note, there are no permissions for the free version of the application, which all users can download and access using their CR credentials
To access the premium version of CR Mobile, users must enable the following permissions in the Permissions module:
- Access to the CR Mobile application.
- (Map > Access)
- Access to the map feature.
CR Mobile users should also have the following permissions:
- (Scheduling > Access)
- (Settings > Manage Own Schedule)
- (Learn > Access)
- (Session Note > Add Note)
- (Session Note > Edit Note)
- (Session Note > Delete Note) – optional
- (Billing > Access)
- (Draft Timesheets > Access)
- (Draft Timesheets > Manage)
- (Draft Timesheets > Submit Draft) – sufficient if users do not utilize EVV.
- (Timesheets > Access)
- (Timesheets > Allow Conversion Modification) – optional
Please note, providers without the (Provider Signatures) permission will not have the “Signature” option in Appointment Details, and cannot capture signatures in CR Mobile.
CR Mobile’s Modules
All CR Mobile users have access to the following modules with their clinical/Learn subscription:
- My Learners: view a list of learners to access their session data and non-data collection branches, for tracking skill acquisition and behavior reduction goals. Providers can also use Chained TAs and minimum trial requirements.
- Settings: allows users to:
- Reset their PIN codes
- Enable biometrics
In addition, the premium version of CR Mobile contains the following modules:
- Schedule: view yesterday’s, the current day’s, and tomorrow’s scheduled client appointments.
- Users can add appointment notes, which will display on timesheets, and capture provider and client signatures when completing appointments.
- Map View: navigate current and future appointments via a map view. Providers can select a location on the map to view the client, date, start time, and appointment length and location. Users can also be directed to the appointment details.
Users can also Logout from this screen.
Downloading CR Mobile
CR Mobile is available on Android and iOS.
- Click here to download the Android version.
- Click here to download the iOS version.
Contact your account manager for more information.
For CR Mobile users with the (Draft Timesheets > Access) permission, there will be a “Draft Timesheets” section added to the Billing module. Draft timesheets are automatically created once an appointment has been completed in CR Mobile and there are additional requirements needed. If there are no exceptions, a timesheet will be created. Once appointments have been completed, a draft icon will appear on the appointment in the Scheduling module.
Please note, if Visit Verification is enabled, the appointment start and end times cannot be edited when completing an appointment.
In the “Draft Timesheets” screen, users can:
- Scroll through multiple pages and view up to 1,000 entries per page
- View the number of draft timesheets defined by filters
- Filter draft timesheets by selecting a date range in the drop-down and by checking the with exceptions and without exceptions checkboxes.
- Filter draft timesheets by contact labels, Scheduling module labels, and service codes. Filter views can then be saved and revisited.
- Hover over any field within the “Client,” “Provider,” and “Service / Auth” columns and selecting the funnel icon to filter the grid by that field.
Below are the columns in the grid:
- Appointment Date: the date of the appointment in MM/DD/YYYY format
- Click the date to edit the draft timesheet
- Time: the start and end times collected from the appointment in CR Mobile.
- Client Name: the name of the client
- Click clients’ names to be directed to their profiles
- Please note, if the user is not connected to the client, this field will show “Withheld” instead of the client’s name.
- Provider Name: the name of the provider
- Click providers’ names to be directed to their profiles
- Exceptions: the number of exceptions in the draft timesheet
- Hover over the number of exceptions for the first five missing requirements.
- Click the number of exceptions to edit the draft timesheet.
- Trash can icon: deletes the draft timesheet
- Please note, this will only display if users have the (Draft Timesheets > Delete) permission.
Click here for draft timesheets permissions.
Click here to learn how to create draft timesheets.
Click here to learn about draft timesheet validation errors.
GPS service validation shows where and when employees delivered services. Users must have Visit Verification enabled on the appropriate service codes and access to the premium version of CR Mobile, as well as geolocated appointment addresses. The “EVV Visit Export,” can then be utilized for GPS service validation, auditing, and Medicaid agency submission.
Click here to learn how to prepare for GPS service validation.
Index/ NET and Tree Views in CR Mobile
All CR Mobile users have access to the Index/NET and Tree views. In a data sheet, goals can be viewed in Index/NET View or Tree View.
Index/NET View: displays the targets how they are ordered in the session.
- Tap the play button and then the goal or hamburger icon to start collecting data.
- Swipe up and down to find the program being worked on and score trials or occurrences.
- Pinned View: in Index/NET view, selecting the pin icon on the upper right-hand side opens a “Pinned View” screen, displaying users’ pinned skills and recurring behaviors.
- Select the > arrows on the right-hand side of each skill to view instructions, details, and comments.
- Click View Prompts under a skill to view prompts associated with that skill.
- Tree View: displays targets in the order they are in a learning tree, nested under the corresponding parent branch.
Click here to learn how to start and end a session in CR Mobile.
Learners in CR Mobile
In CR Mobile, the “My Learners” module contains a list of learners the provider is assigned to. All CR Mobile users have access to the My Learners module with their clinical/Learn subscription.
“Learners” are the clients receiving services and are organized in alphabetical order by first name. An appointment does not have to be scheduled for a provider to view a learner’s sessions.
Learners’ names will display and a search bar at the top of the screen allows users to search for a learner by name. When selecting a learner, a list of their sessions will populate. After selecting a session, all session details will display.
Map View in CR Mobile
The premium version of CR Mobile contains the Map View module, where users with the (Map > Access) permission enabled can navigate appointments via a map view. Please note, only current and future appointments display in the map view. Once an appointment has been completed, it will not display.
After selecting Map View in the module screen, providers can select a location on the map to view the client, date, start time, and appointment length and location. Clicking View Appointment Details directs users to the appointment details screen.
Users can also:
- Pinch the map view to zoom in and out.
- Swipe with one finger to move the map up, down, left, and right.
- Swipe with two fingers to move the map up, down, left, and right.
Click here for more information on CentralReach’s supported devices and browsers.
Supported Browsers and Operating Systems
CentralReach actively tests and qualifies every software release over the latest version of Chrome and Safari browsers. However, CentralReach will support all of the major commercial browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) by actively addressing issues reported over their latest versions.
- To allow CentralReach to maintain its continued focus on delivering great software, we will routinely withdraw support for certain browser versions and devices, as supporting legacy browsers inhibits the ability to innovate, ensure security, and deliver new features.
- Generally, as long as the browser is in compliance regardless of OS or device specifications, we will consider addressing issues on a case-by-case basis.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not recommended nor supported for any of the CR Products.
Recommended Mobile Devices
A major factor in mobile platform testing is the underlying mobile operating system and the feature set the specific version provides. CentralReach will qualify each mobile software release against the following major mobile device product lines: the OS version under test will be the latest version that the manufacturer/product line allows (general availability, not beta). CentralReach recommends the following mobile devices and corresponding operating systems for the CR Mobile application:
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and later S series of mobile phones.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 and later A series of tablets.
- Apple iPhone 8 and following models updatable to the last iOS version.
- Apple iPad 6th Generation and iPad Pro 3rd Generation of tablets and following models updatable to the last iOS version.
While CentralReach is no longer certifying Amazon Kindle tablets, nor Internet Explorer, CentralReach is still accessible via this device and browser. However, for an optimal user experience, it is recommended to transition away from this device and browser in the near future.
Updated: June 2021
The My Learners Module in CR Mobile
All CR Mobile users can access the My Learners module with their clinical/Learn subscription.
To view learners, sessions, and collect ABC data in the My Learners module:
- After logging in to CR Mobile and selecting the My Learners module, a list of learners will appear. Select a learner to view their sessions.
- After selecting a session, the data sheet will display targets/programs that provide access to data and non-data collection branches.
- Targets can be viewed in “Index View” or “Tree View.”
- The data sheet timer allows users to start, stop, end, and restart a session. Users can collect ABC Data with the ABC data collection icon.
- Users can collect and graph data.
- Clicking the kebab icon on the right-hand side in a target directs users to graph targets, add comments, and access details and instructions in a separate screen. Comments are saved in the corresponding learning tree branch and session.
- Instructions, details, and comments can be viewed for each target. Instructions display Instructional Notes and the details contain descriptions of targets.
- The last three data points, recently graphed information, and trial activity are displayed for each goal.
- Comments displays all comments added, pertaining to the target. To add comments, click the three dots on the right-hand side and select Comment. Comments are saved in the corresponding learning tree branch and session.
6. Clinical data can be collected on the following data types:
- Percent Correct
- Task Analysis
- Percent Independent
- Time Sampling
- Rating Scale
Click here to learn how to start and end a session in CR Mobile.
The Schedule Module in CR Mobile
CR Mobile contains the Schedule module for users to view and complete appointments.
To view appointments in the Schedule module:
- After logging into CR Mobile, a list of scheduled appointments will display in the Schedule module.
- Or, tap the hamburger icon on the left-hand side to display a list of CR Mobile’s modules, and select Schedule.
- If there are no appointments scheduled, a message will display notifying users. If the application has recently synced to CentralReach, the message will be for yesterday, today, or tomorrow. If the application has not recently synced, the message will display for the day before the last sync, day it synced, and the day after it was synced.
- The Schedule screen will display each appointment with the client’s name, date and time, location of the appointment, and the appointment’s duration.
- Appointments that are complete will have, “Complete” on the right-hand side. When completed, the appointment length will display at the top.
- Appointments that are in progress will have, “In Progress” on the right-hand side.
- Yesterday, the current day, and tomorrow’s appointments can be viewed from the appointment screen. Scroll through the list to view appointments, or click the magnifying glass at the top of the screen and search for a client.
- Clicking an appointment directs users to the “Appointment Details” screen to start/end an appointment.
- The “Tasks” tabs allows users to access the client’s Sessions and Signatures.
- After selecting Sessions, a list of the client’s sessions will display to choose from.
- The “Details” tab displays the Location Type, Service Codes associated with the appointment, and the option to “+Add A Note.”
- Clicking an address will open a map app on users’ devices, such as Google Maps.
- Providers can call clients by selecting their phone number.
- Users can cancel an appointment by clicking the three dots (…) in the upper right-hand corner of the Appointment Details. Click Yes in the “Cancel Appointment” pop-up. The appointment will then be removed from the Schedule module.
Please note, users cannot schedule appointments in CR Mobile.
Click here to learn how to start and complete an appointment.
Session Note Templates are created in CentralReach and attached to appointments that need to be completed in the premium version of CR Mobile. The following workflow should be completed:
- CR Mobile users with the appropriate Session Note Template and Session Notes permissions, and access to the Learn module in CR can create a session note template on the web.
- Associate the session note template to the service code
- Schedule an appointment and include the service code
- Complete the appointment in CR Mobile
- Complete the session note in CR Mobile
- View the session note in CentralReach
- For users completing Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) appointments, any exceptions will be included in a draft timesheet.