The “EVV Visit Export” allows users to view information on converted billing entries with visit verification enabled. This report is useful for GPS service validation, auditing, and Medicaid agency submission.
To download the EVV Visit report:
- Navigate to the Insights module and select Insights Home
- Click Practice Auditing and then EVV Visit Export
- Click the cloud icon on the right-hand side and select CSV or Text file
- Click Download in the “Export” pop up to download the file to your computer, or Go To Files to be directed to the Files module. The file will also be located in the Files module
Existing client locations will be geocoded when scheduling a new appointment. If “Enable Geolocation Validation” is enabled in the Scheduling module, users must schedule appointments with geolocated addresses.
To update existing addresses from the calendar, users must have the (Settings > Manage Own Schedule) permission enabled, located under “Scheduling” in the Permissions module. Users with this permission disabled will see a warning message stating, “Additional permissions are required to update this access, please contact your administrator for further assistance.”
Please note, office locations can only be geolocated by an organization account.
To geocode existing client location addresses:
- In an existing appointment, select an address from the Location/Address drop-down. Addresses that have not been previously geocoded are listed under “(Not geolocated)” in the “Location/Address” drop-down
- In the “Confirm Location” pop-up, select the address that best matches the selected location and click Update
- If the address has a second address line, such as an apartment number, the second address line will pre-populate and can be edited.
- If no search results populate:
- Click Don’t see what you’re looking for?
- Enter the address manually in the “Update Location” pop-up
- Please note, manually inputted addresses will not be geocoded.
- Click Save Location
- Click Continue in the “Confirm Location” pop-up to update all appointments with the existing address
Click here to learn more about geocoding in CentralReach.
Only organization accounts can geolocate office locations. Click here to learn how to geolocate existing client addresses.
To geolocate office locations:
- Navigate to the Dashboard module and select Home/Dashboard
- Click My Profile
- Click the Ext. Profile tab and select Office Locations
- Select an office location under “Office Locations”
- Enter the office location to geolocate in Search Address
- Please note, if the specific office location cannot be geolocated, populated results display addresses in the United States
- Click Save Location
Visits can be omitted from the Sandata portal without deleting billing entries. Please note, omitting visits does not delete or modify billing entries.
To omit a Sandata visit:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Visit Verification
- Click the right arrow on the left-hand side of an entry to view the most recent activity made to the visit
- Click Omit
- Or, click View full visit history to view all activity made to the entry
- In the “Visit History” modal, click Omit Visit
- Click Omit in the “Omit History” modal
Premium CR Mobile users can utilize GPS service validation when completing appointments. This helps organizations keep track of where and when employees delivered services for auditing and Medicaid agency submission. Please note, preparation should be done prior to completing the usual CR Mobile appointment process.
To utilize GPS service validation with CR Mobile:
- Complete the steps included in the Preparing for GPS Service Validation help article.
- Ensure the appropriate CR Mobile permissions are enabled
- Start and complete an appointment in CR Mobile
- Complete Session Notes
- Review draft timesheets and approve exceptions, if applicable
The “CR06” reason code is specifically used for Telehealth visits to bypass validation errors caused by mismatched GPS coordinates.
To use the “CR06” reason code:
- Use the “GT” modifier to identify Telehealth visits
- Schedule the visit using the client’s location, not the provider’s location, and input required start and end times
- Capture GPS coordinates at both the start and end times of the visit
- This will trigger validation errors because the scheduled latitude and longitude do not match the actual coordinates.
- Select the CR06 reason code to clear the validation errors
The “Visit History” section allows users to view all activity related to visits sent to Sandata, such as the most recent status of the visit, when the entry was sent to and received by Sandata, any changes made to records, the Sandata transaction key (UUID) used to send requests about particular visits, and any reasons the visit has been rejected.
To view the history of a Sandata visit:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Visit Verification
- Click the arrow on the left-hand side of an entry to view the most recent activity made to the visit
- Click View full visit history to view all activity made to the entry
- In the “Visit History” modal, users can view all activity made to the entry and omit visits
To utilize GPS service validation, users must have Visit Verification enabled on the appropriate service codes and access to the premium version of CR Mobile. Users can then utilize the “EVV Visit Export,” which is useful for GPS service validation, auditing, and Medicaid agency submission.
- Enable Visit Verification in the service code(s)
- Create “GPS” service code labels and attach them to the GPS codes
- Geolocate client addresses and/or office locations. Users can utilize Address Management to bulk geolocate addresses.
- Please note, for recurring appointments without geolocated addresses, new appointments must be created to enable geocoded locations.
- Enable the following Draft Timesheets permissions and access for:
- Providers: (Draft Timesheets > Access) and (Draft Timesheets > Submit Draft) to correct and submit their own non-GPS exception draft timesheets.
- Draft timesheet approvers: (Draft Timesheets > Access) and (Draft Timesheets > Manage) to correct and submit GPS exception draft timesheets.
- Enable Session Notes and Session Note Templates permissions and access for:
- Session Note Template creators: (Session Templates > Access), (Session Templates > Add New Templates), and (Session Templates > Delete Templates) to access, create, and delete Templates, as well as add Templates to service codes.
- Providers: (Session Notes > Add Note) and (Session Notes > Edit Note) to complete and add notes via timesheets.
- Admins and billing teams: (Session Notes > Unlock), (Session Notes > Delete) to unlock and delete a Session Note via timesheets.
- Create Session Note Templates and associate them with service codes.
- Enable CR Mobile permissions and access for:
- Providers: (CR Mobile > Access) and (Map > Access).
- Complete CR Mobile appointments, as expected.
After completing these steps, appointment details (including GPS-stamped start time, end time, signatures, etc.,) will appear in the EVV Visit Report located in the Practice Auditing section of the Insights module.
The Sandata Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) user guide contains information on registering and resources for EVV by state.
To be Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) compliant and properly capture providers’ locations when providing services, the following steps need to be completed in CentralReach and the premium version of CR Mobile:
- Service code properties must have the “Visit Verification” checkbox selected. To enable this property:
- When editing a service code, select the Visit Verification checkbox under the “Validation” section.
- When visit verification is enabled, “Enforce Single Timesheet Conversion” and “Requires Schedule Conversion” are automatically enabled and cannot be edited.
- The “Provider Signature” and “Client Signature” drop-downs will be set to “Required”.
- Please note, this is an EVV requirement and it is not recommended to change these fields.
- The service address, provider signature, and client signature are now required fields.
- Please note, if an appointment has a service code with Visit Verification enabled, then service lines cannot be added or deleted. EVV service codes cannot be added to existing timesheets.
- Addresses in existing appointments must be geocoded.
- After downloading CR Mobile, users must have the appropriate CR Mobile permissions.
- Location services on mobile devices should be “on”.
- If location services are off, providers’ locations will not be captured.
- If users have Electronic Visit Verification enabled, they will receive a warning message, if:
- They are outside of the service location when starting and ending an appointment.
- There is no GPS signal or it is turned off.
- Please note, the warning message will not prevent providers from continuing, but will capture their current longitude and latitude.
- Learning trees and sessions/ data must be shared with providers.
Click here to learn more about geocoding.
Click here to learn more about CR Mobile.