To make manual adjustments to an employee available time off:
- Navigate to the Human Resources module and select Employees
- Click the employee name
- Click the Time Off Setup tab
- The employee’s time off policies will be displayed
- Click the Manual Adjustment link underneath the time off policy you want to update
- Enter the number of hours to be added or deleted from the employee’s time off balance, and click to select the date when the change is effective.
- Please note, since the number will be added to the accrual, put a negative amount when deleting hours.
- Click Submit
- Click Save
The organization account can configure additional time off settings, so approved time off automatically creates an appointment in the employee’s calendar with a PTO service code. This prevents the employee from being booked for work during their scheduled time off, and enables quick timesheet conversions.
To configure additional time off settings:
- Navigate to the Human Resources module and select Settings
- Click the Time Off Settings tab on the top of the screen
- Complete the Additional Settings section on the bottom of the screen
- Click Create Time Off Appointments to turn the gray x into a green checkmark
- Complete the Appointment Settings. To set up how the appointment will be added to the employee’s calendar:
- Enter Appointment with, which is the name of the fake client the appointment will be with. We recommend creating a test or admin client to be used for these types of appointments
- Enter the Appointment Service Code, which will be assigned to these appointments once approved, so they can be converted to timesheets
- Enter the Appointment Labels
- Complete the Hourly Accrual Settings
- Enter the Service Code Labels to Exclude, to prevent hourly time off from being accrued for timesheets converted with service codes with these labels
- Check Include Drive Time, if necessary
- Complete the Approval Settings
- Check Require HR Admin Approval for Requests if you want the time off request to be approved by a user with HR Admin permission
- Click Save Settings
Click here to learn how to create a service code.
This is where you can define exactly how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off.
To add a new time off type:
- Navigate to the Human Resources module and click Settings
- Click the Time Off Settings tab
- Click on the Time Off Type button
- Enter in a name for this time off type and click Add Time Off Type
You can also create different levels of accoutrements that the employee can reach based on time employed. For example, an employee can start earning 5 hours of PTO every 7 days, once they pass 90 days of employment. You can also create another level that lets other employees earn 7.5 hours of PTO every 7 days, once they reach 2 years of employment, etc.
To add a time off policy:
- Under any of your time off types, click on the Policy button
- Fill out the following:
- Policy Name: give the policy a unique name
- Time Off Type: choose the drop-down to relocate this policy under a different time off type
- Carryover Date: the date which marks the end of a year. This will determine when carryover PTO hours are transferred
- Accruals Happen: choose to either accrue time off during each time period, or after a set amount of time
- Accrual Amounts Based On Hours Worked (Timesheets): bases PTO accrual on how many hours have been converted within CentralReach
- Pro-rate Accruals: takes the number of days worked and divides by the number of business days in the pay period, to determine the employee’s PTO accrual
- Accrual Settings: defines how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off
- Click either the Add another level link to add a new accrual type, or Save Policy if you are finished