Prior to running optimization, click here to learn what should be set up. In the “Optimize Schedule” section of the Scheduling module, users can run optimization to create a schedule for providers.
To run optimization:
- Navigate to the Scheduling module and select Optimize Schedule
- In the “Primary office Location*” drop-down, select an office location
- Please note, providers and clients need to have a primary office location in the “Basics” section of their Profile.
- In the “Filter Clients” and “Filter Providers” sections, search for labels in the search bar
- In the “Apply Service Codes” section, search for labels in the search bar. Adding labels will pull which service codes clients have to determine which providers the client can be scheduled with. After the appointment is scheduled, the service codes will be included in the data import. If a client does not have any service codes, they can be scheduled with any provider, but the service code information will be blank.
- Select an Optimization type from the drop-down on the right-hand side
- New clients: creates appointments around the existing schedule.
- Existing client schedule: optimizes existing schedule and provides suggestions on provider swaps.
- Click here to learn more about optimization types.
- Choose a desired date range up to seven days from the drop-down
- Adjust the session length
- Users can select DOWNLOAD PREVIEW to view the clients, providers, and current schedules in the selected date range for an idea of what is currently in CentralReach.
- Click RUN OPTIMIZATION.
- After running optimization, users are directed to the “Draft Schedules” tab to view the date range, session length, and status of each draft schedule. Select the View draft icon on the right-hand side to view the appointments by provider, minimum drive time, maximum therapy hours, and balanced optimization types.
- Drafted appointments can be edited and the schedule can then be published.