Generic contacts are used to store contact information for a user in CentralReach, without incurring the monthly charges associated to an employee account. Generic contacts can log into their account, but functionality is greatly limited compared to that of the employees’ accounts, whose functions are determined by the level of permissions granted.
Generic contact address information can also be used for authorizations and claims. Generic contacts are pulled into the Facility location field in the “Authorization Contacts” section, and into the Default Settings in the Claims module.
To use a Generic contact’s address in Authorizations and Claim Settings, after creating a Generic contact in CentralReach:
- Navigate to the Contacts module and select Generics
- Click the name of the Generic contact you want to use for Facility address locations, authorizations, and claims
- Click the Profile tab on top of the Dashboard
- Click the Settings tab
- Select Claim Settings
- Complete the form and click Save Claim Settings
- Navigate to the Claims module and select Settings
- Click Default Settings
- Enter the generic contact name under the Facility field
- When creating an authorization, click the Contacts tab and enter the name of the Generic contact under the Facility field
- Please note, any information in the Contacts tab overrides Claims Settings
11. Generic contacts can be used when uploading a file that should not be accessible to the contacts you are connected to. This may be needed for auditing purposes
12. Generic contacts are also used for prospective employees. You can create a generic contact form in CentralReach for inquiring applicants to apply for work via your organization’s website. After a user submits the form, it will be added to your Contacts module as a generic contact
Click here to learn how to convert a generic contact into an employee profile, after determining that they are a good fit for your organization.