Generic contacts are used to store contact information for a user in CentralReach, without incurring the monthly charges associated to an employee account. Generic contacts are able to log into their account if given a CentralReach username and password, but functionality is greatly limited compared to that of the employees’ accounts, whose functions are determined by the level of permissions granted.
Generic contact address information can also be used for authorizations and claims. Generic contacts are pulled into the Facility location field within the Authorization Contacts section, and into the Default Settings in the Claims module.
To use a Generic contact’s address in Authorizations and Claim Settings, after creating a Generic contact in CentralReach:
- Navigate to the Contacts module and select Generics
- Click the name of the Generic contact you would like to use for Facility address locations, authorizations, and claims
- Click the Profile tab on top of the Dashboard
- Click the Settings tab
- Click Claim Settings
- Complete the form and click Save Claim Settings
- Navigate to the Claims module and select Settings
- Click Default Settings
- Enter the generic contact name under the Facility field
- When creating an Authorization, click the Contacts tab and enter the name of the Generic contact under the Facility field
Generic contacts can also be used when uploading a file that should not be accessible to the contacts you are connected to. This may be needed for auditing purposes.
Finally, Generic contacts are also used for prospective employees. You can create a generic contact form in CentralReach for inquiring applicants to apply for work via your organization’s website. After a user submits the form, it will be added to your Contacts module as a generic contact. If you’d like to convert them into an employee profile after determining that they are a good fit for your organization, click here.