If you are an employee of an organization and are attempting to convert an appointment, you will come across the warning message, “Grace period for late entry has expired.” This message is to notify you that you have exceeded your organization’s time limit for converting an appointment to a timesheet. Administrators can override the error and convert the appointment, but, employees without admin permissions should reach out to a manager.
Billing / Receivables / Billing / Timesheets “Missing Payor” in the Receivables Report
If a timesheet is submitted and no payor is selected, the Receivables report will display “Missing Payor.” When sorting by payor, Missing Payor will be displayed along with the IDs of the clients. When sorting by client and clicking the “+” to expand the line level, Missing Payor will display under the client’s ID. To enter a payor for the entry, go to the timesheet and edit the payor name.
Billing / Timesheets + Add New Timesheet
Create a new timesheet and convert it without having to go into the Scheduling module and create an appointment. Please note, users must have the permissions to do this.
Click here to learn how to manually create timesheets.
Billing / Timesheets Editing Timesheets
In the Billing module, timesheets can be edited in the “Edit Timesheet” screen.
Please note, locked timesheets cannot be edited without the billing admin permission. Unlocked timesheets can be edited without this permission. Click here to learn how to lock and unlock timesheets.
Users can navigate between service lines by clicking the numbers displayed horizontally at the top of the screen. A blue circle highlights the billing entry that is open and can be edited. Locked billing entries are indicated by a lock next to the number. If creating a timesheet manually, the Add Service Line button allows users to add service lines in timesheets.
Please note, if the timesheet has a service code with Visit Verification enabled, then service lines cannot be added or deleted. EVV service codes cannot be added to existing timesheets. The “Add Service Line” button will not appear and users will need to add a new timesheet.
Below the toolbar, users can access client, claim, and service line information.
The blue tab on the left-hand side contains the client and claim information. It is labeled with the client’s name and ID number and contains the following fields:
- Payor information
- Diagnosis codes
- Billing provider
- Service Facility
- Referring Provider
Please note, the Billing provider, Service Facility, Provider/Supplier, and Referring Provider fields are only visible for users with the (Billing > Manage Timesheets) permission enabled.
Service line information is located on the right-hand side and titled with the name of the service code used in the billing entry. Service lines are automatically tagged to indicate if the billing entry has been signed by the client, signed by the provider, or locked. Any applicable warnings will display below the title and tags.
Billing / Billing / Billing / Timesheets Permission to Edit Timesheet
Employees with the following Billing module permission can edit their appointment information, including the service code, when doing a timesheet conversion. This permission can be enabled via the Permissions module.
- Timesheets > Allow Conversion Modifications
- Ability to modify timesheets while converting them from an appointment
- Ability to attach a note to an unlocked billing entry
Click here to learn more about attaching a note to a timesheet.
Permissions / Billing / Timesheets Permission to Manage Employee Timesheets
To manage employee timesheets, users must be connected to the client and the employee(s), and have the following Billing module permissions enabled in the Permissions module:
- Billing > Manage Timesheets
- Ability to save changes to timesheets for other providers, given the employee is connected to the provider and the client is linked to the provider.
- Users can convert appointments into timesheets for other users if they are in network with both the client and the provider on the appointment.
- Timesheets > Access
- Access to the timesheets tab
- Users can save changes to their unlocked timesheets.
- Users can view converted timesheets when the user is the provider.
- Timesheets > Delete
- Ability to delete timesheets until they are locked
- It is recommended for this permission to only be granted to users who require the ability to delete other users’ timesheets.
- Please note, users also need to have the (Billing > Manage Timesheets) permission enabled to delete other users’ timesheets.
- This permission is added to the Custom permission group and is enabled by default. The following System permission groups will be enabled by default:
- Billing Admin
- Billing Agent
- Hidden Contacts
- Ability to delete timesheets until they are locked
- Timesheets > Manage Timesheets
- Manage timesheets on behalf of other employees and clients in their network. This includes converting appointments and the ability to add/edit timesheets of others until they are locked
- Timesheets > Allow Conversion Modification
- Ability to modify timesheets while converting them from an appointment.
Billing / Service Codes / Billing / Timesheets Rules on Applying Default Places of Service in Timesheets
Organizations will typically input a default place of service in the service code properties. When manually creating a timesheet, switching a code during appointment conversion, or editing an existing timesheet, the default place of service will pull into the timesheet based on information from a fee schedule, authorization, default service code, or appointment. Default place of service information will pull to timesheets from one of the sources below, in the following order:
- Fee schedule
- Default service code
Click here to learn how to enforce a place of service in a service code.