Under the Misc section of any service code’s settings you’ll have the option to click a checkbox labelled as Show Client Rates. With this feature enabled, clients will be able to see the billed rate, charges, and owed amount on their timesheets. If this option is unchecked, these fields will populate with $0.
To create a patient responsibility invoice, ensure you first add patient responsibility amounts owned to the billing entries.
To generate patient responsibility invoices:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Billing
- Click the checkbox next to all the billing entries you are generating an invoice for
- Click Actions and select Bulk-generate invoices
4. Click Patient Responsibility Invoice
5. In the Configure Your Patient Responsibility Invoices, complete the following sections for each client:
- Click the Bill to drop-down and select the payor, which is pulled from the client’s payor profile:
- If the invoice is to be sent to the client’s parents, set up an ‘Other’ payor with the client’s parents information for it to populate as an option under this drop-down
- When the insurance payor name is selected, since this is a patient responsibility invoice, the system will use the client information from the payor set up in the contacts module as the ‘To’ address on the invoice
- Click the Bill from drop-down and select the return address of your business
- Click the Due date field to enter the invoice due date. The system will default to 2 weeks from the date the invoice is generated. If you are changing the due date for all invoices, click the Use same for all link.
6. Click Bulk-Generate Patient Responsibility Invoices
7. Click Click here to print your invoices
8. Edit your invoices by selecting the invoice template and theme on the right hand-side panel, and selecting from the tabs and items displayed, the additional information you would like to include or exclude from your invoice
- When adding an organization logo in the organization’s account profile, you can add your organization’s logo on the top right of the invoice. Additionally, once you configure your invoice format, click Save Settings and then select Update global defaults for all patient responsibility invoices, to save your format for all patient responsibility invoices.
9. Click Generate PDF
10. Click Download All to download all your invoices or the individual download icons to download each invoice one by one. If you created more than 20 invoices, you will have to go to the Invoices section within the Billing module to download and print your invoices.
To create an invoice:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Billing
- Apply any desired filters and click the checkbox next to all entries you wish to generate invoices for
- Click the Actions drop-down on top of the billing grid
- Select Bulk-generate Invoices
- Select either Client Invoice, Provider Invoice, Patient Responsibility Invoice, or Activity Statement
- Client Invoice: makes one invoice per client. Uses the amount from the outstanding column for the amount due
- Provider Invoice: makes one invoice per provider. Uses the amount from the outstanding column for the amount due
- Patient Responsibility Invoice: makes one invoice per client. Uses the amount from the PR Amt. column for the amount due
- Activity Statement: makes one invoice per client. By default, it will have no dollar amounts on it, just timesheet details
- Choose the Bill to address, Bill from addresses, and Due Date
- Bill to: pulls from the client’s payor information
- Bill from: pulls from the company’s profile information
- You can also choose to Use insurance address instead of subscriber’s by clicking the checkbox next to that option. The invoice will use the payor’s address instead of the client’s
- Click Bulk-generate client invoices
If you’d like to download or print your invoice:
- Click Click here to print your invoices
- Click Generate PDF
- Click Download All to print invoices in bulk or click the Download button next to an invoice to download or print it individually
Once you have shared payors among clients, you can create a single invoice for those clients with similar shared payors. To create the invoice, select the billing entries for the clients with a shared payor that you wish to invoice. Note, you do not generally want to set up shared payors, since all info would be shared, and it will also cause problems with trying to make insurance claims. You can make any payor shared, when doing so, this payor will be available via the dropdown when you make combined invoices.
Then save the shared payer. If you want to set up many, we usually recommend doing it with your Administrative client.
Now navigate to the billing screen and select entries you want on the same invoice as normal.
Next, click on the ‘Actions’ drop down menu and select ‘Bulk-generate invoices’.
Then, select the type of invoice you wish to generate.
Next, Click on the blue link ‘combine all clients into a single invoice’.
Then select the shared payor from the Bill to box and select the Bill from address. Also, select a due date. When you are finished, click ‘Bulk-generate client invoices.’
Any and all shared payers will all show up in the list of possible Bill to addresses once set up. Then select from the dropdown.
After generating an invoice, you can then sort billing entries within that invoice by date.
- On your invoice, click the Other tab to the left of the page.
- Under the Group by dropdown select Date.
- You can further sort the invoices under each date by selecting Date under the Sort By dropdown.
You can then save your changes.
Changing the organization header on invoices is simple. First, log in to the organization account and click on My Profile > Basics
Next, click on the Address tab. In the Company field enter the name of your company, then click Save Address.
After your invoice has been generated, select the Company check box to add the name of your company to an invoice.
Last Updated: 3/30/2017
Invoices can be sent directly to schools or regional centers by generating your invoice as normal as shown here. Because the school’s address should already be placed in the client’s Payors section of the profile, it will be eligible to bring onto the invoice by selecting Use insurance address instead of subscriber’s during invoice configuration.
Last Updated: 3/30/2017
An activity statement is a document that will generate a list of selected services. These statements are often used for auditing purposes. Activity statements will not show amounts billed or owed. To create an activity statement, select the billing entry/ies that you wish to include on the statement by first selecting a date range and then adding needed filters. Next, click on the ‘Actions’ tab and select ‘Bulk-generate invoices’.
On the next screen click on ‘Activity statement’.
On the next screen select the Send to and Send from options. Then click ‘Bulk-generate activity statements’. Then click to print your statement.
You can customize the options to be included on the statement. When finished, click Print.
You can create invoices for materials or products! Simply create a billing code for the product and enter a timesheet using an admin/test client. Be sure to add a label to exclude the product from payroll reports. Once the timesheet is submitted, create an invoice as shown here.
Last Updated: 4/4/2017
Invoices cannot be deleted, however they can be voided. This option allows you to void the invoice, while still maintaining a history of all invoices for tracking purposes.
To void an invoice, navigate to the Invoice grid and click on the void icon to the far right of the invoice you wish to remove. A pop-up box will appear ensuring that you wish to void the invoice. Hit yes if you are sure.
If an invoice is incorrect, you can create a new one with the billing entries you wish to include. To see all invoices with which the billing entry is associated, click on the Invoice box on the line entry. This will take you to the invoice screen and display all associated invoices.
To group or sort items on an invoice in a customized order, open and invoice and click on the Other tab.
Select items from the Group by and the Sort by drop-downs until you’ve reached your desired customized view. When done, select Generate PDF.
To save this format for future invoices, click on Save Settings and choose whether you’d like to save this setting to reflect on all future invoices for this client, or all future invoices for this type of invoice.
Last Updated: 4/3/2017
CentralReach allows you to customize where your notes are displayed on your invoices. To change the location of notes within an invoice:
- Click on the Other tab on the left side of the page.
- Click the Notes Location dropdown and select either Auto, Inline, or Appendix.
- Auto: Any note shorter than the body height (page height – height of the top and bottom margins) will be placed inline (directly below the line item). Anything bigger will go to an appendix.
- Inline: Notes will be placed directly below the related invoice line item (below client and provider signatures and payments, if applicable).
- Appendix: Notes will be placed in an appendix at the end of the invoice. Some line items may have multiple notes for a single line item, which will appear in their sequential order (e.g. “See Appendices: I, II, III“).