Pinpoint categories are like folders that help organize your pinpoint library. They stay with a pinpoint when you create a chart, and they also can help you sort through a list of charts for a performer, sort of like a tag.
To set this up:
- Navigate to the Pinpoints tab and locate the button called Create Category
- Click Create Category and a box will pop up to enter a New Category Name and enter any tags necessary
- Enter a description and format using the rich text edit toolbar (if so desired) and also drag and drop (or select) files to add
- Click the CREATE button
- A message box will appear at the lower left stating Created new category! [category name] [category name hyperlink]
You can navigate to the new category by simply clicking on the category name hyperlink that is provided or simply close out of the Pinpoints Library by clicking the X at the top of the screen.
Pinpoint categories can also be nested within other pinpoint categories.
- Navigate to your Pinpoints library and open a category
- Click Create Category
- Follow the same process to create a category
You can create as many layers of categories within categories as you see fit following the same procedure.