You can reassign any task that is not already complete, deleted, or reassigned. Reassigning a task will mark the existing task as reassigned and create a new one with a new ID number. You can still post comments within a reassigned task, but users will not receive update notifications. Additionally, reassigned tasks cannot be reassigned again, completed, deleted, or edited.
Reassigning a single task:
- Click on the Tasks icon on the top of the page then click Tasks within the dropdown.
- Click on the task you want to reassign.
- Click on the Reassign button under the task details.
- Next to Who is responsible type in the name of the contact you wish to assign to.
- Click Create Task.
Reassigning tasks in bulk:
- Click on the checkbox next to each task you want to reassign.
- Click the Reassign button on the top of the page.
- Within the popup, click Me or type in the name of the contact you wish to assign to.
- Click Re-Assign Tasks.
You can find reassigned tasks by clicking on the All filter or by clicking More then Reassigned at the top of the page.