To post payments in bulk in the billing grid:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Billing
- Click the checkbox next to the billing entries you wish to apply payments to
- Click Bulk Apply Payments at the top of the billing grid
- On the top of the screen, enter the payment Date, select the Payment Type, optionally click to attach a Resource file to the payment, enter the Reference number, and optionally add any Notes
- If you select Credit Card as the Payment type, the client’s default credit card will automatically be chosen as the payment method. If you select any other payment type, select a payment method under the Apply Payments section drop-down displayed within each client service line.
- Complete the information for each client:
- In the Apply Payments column, there will be two Owed payment type dropdowns:
- Click the Owed drop-down in the column header to apply a payment type to all of that client’s service lines
- Click the Owed drop-down in each service line to apply a payment type to each individual service line
- Select from the drop-down:
- Owed: to apply the payment to the amount in the “Owed” column of the billing entry
- Owed – Patient Responsibility: to apply the payment to the amount in the “Owed” column minus the amount in the “PR Amt.” of the billing entry
- Patient Responsibility: to apply the payment to the amount in the “PR Amt.” column of the billing entry
- Zero: Zero out the payment(s) for this client.
- Click the comment icon to enter notes pertaining the payment
- If you select a payment type that is not a credit card, select a payment method under drop-down displayed within each client service line and click Charge
- Click Apply Payments
To bulk void payments to correct errors related to a reference number, incorrect posting dates, or other general errors, the bulk void payments feature can be a valuable tool. To bulk void payments:
- Navigate to Billing and select Payments.
- Click the checkbox next to each payment you wish to void.
- Click the Void Payments button on the top of the page.
- Enter in a reason for the void, click the checkbox next to I’m sure, then click Void Payments.
Billing / Payments
Posting Payments: Bank Deposit & Payment Reconciliation
CentralReach allows you to reconcile your bank deposits to the payments posted to billing entries.
To reconcile your bank deposits to payments posted:
- Navigate to the Billing module and select Reconcile Payments
- A bank account must be added to CentralReach to be able to reconcile payments. To add a new bank account to CentralReach, proceed as follows. Otherwise, continue to step 3 below.
- Click the filters icon on the top left corner to open the left hand-side panel
- Click the Accounts tab
- Click the cog icon and then click the + icon
- Complete the form:
- Name: enter your bank account name
- Reference: enter your account reference number
- Click Save
- Click Batches
- Click + Upload Batch on the top right corner
- Complete the Import Batch form:
- Click the link download a template of the required import format file, to download a CVS file to be completed with the bank deposit details
- Open and complete the template:
- Deposit Date: the date when the deposit was made to your bank account
- Transaction date: the date the funds were received
- Description: additional details about the deposit
- Reference: posted payment reference number. This value must be equal to the reference number of the payments posted on the billing entries for such deposit in order to be able to reconcile the deposit to the posted payment in CentralReach
- Amount: total deposit amount
- Payer: name of the payer who made the payment
- Save the file in your computer
- Account: select the bank account name. If there are no bank accounts, go to step 2 above to add your bank accounts to CentralReach
- Batch Name: enter the name of the batch list
- Date Range (optional): click to select the batch start and end dates
- Upload File: click + Choose File
- Select the file saved in your computer
- Click Perform Upload
- Click View Transactions to go to the transactions page and reconcile the deposit to your billing entries
- Click the right arrow > icon to view all the billing transactions payments posted with the reference number included in the batch file of the deposit
- Under the Candidate Payments section, click the checkbox next to the billing entries you are reconciling the deposit to
- Click Reconcile Selected. Once done, the transaction selected will be moved from the Candidate Payment section on the left hand-side, to the Reconciled Payments section on the right hand-side
- To unreconcile the payment, click the checkbox next to the reconciled payment, and click Unreconcile selected
- The reconciled transaction will be added to the Payments table, with the total amount reconciled for the reference number
If clients wish to pay in advance for services, you can use the pre-bill feature. The first step is to create a new service code that will only be used when pre-billing clients. This will make it easier for you to find services that have been pre-billed later on.
The next step is to attach a fee schedule to the code. Make sure the fee schedule is set to $0, so you can manually enter an amount after generating a timesheet.
Now that you have your pre-billing code set up, the next step is to create a new timesheet.
- Navigate to Billing and select Add New Timesheet.
- In the Client section, choose the client that is paying in advance.
- In the Provider section, add an admin employee or any employee that is salaried. This is to prevent the service from being included in payroll.
- Select the service code and finish filling out the timesheet as you normally would.
- Click Save.
Once the timesheet is saved, you’ll need to enter the pre-billed amount.
- In Billing click the icon next to the timesheet you created above.
- Select a payment date, payor, payment type, and add a reference number. We recommend that you add a note like “$___.00 paid upfront” so you’ll know what this payment was later on.
After the payment has been added, the Owed column will display the overpayment in red, reflecting the prepaid amount. Let’s say you provide services to the client on 6/8 and the client now owes $200. To correctly apply this payment, expand the pre-paid timesheet entry, and the actual service timesheet, then add a payment of $200 to each entry . A recommended best practice is to keep the reference numbers the same for easier tracking between the payments.
As you deduct the amount owed from multiple entries, make sure to deduct the same amount from the credit until the pre-paid amount reaches $0. Keep in mind that applying a positive amount will decrease the amount owed, a negative will increase it. While the amount paid to the actual date of service will be positive, the amount deducted from the pre-billing entry will be negative. Applying payments to the actual timesheet as well as the pre-billing timesheet allows billers to track between multiple payments while ensuring that the receivable amounts remain accurate.
Billing / Payments
Search for Transactions in Reconcile Payment Screen
You are able to search for transactions using billing labels or payment reference numbers in the Reconcile Payments screen in the $ Billing module.
To search for transactions:
- Navigate to the $ Billing module and select Reconcile Payments
- In the search bar, enter the billing label name or the payment reference number you would like to filter transactions by
- Click the value or keywords in the search results drop-down that matches your search criteria
- The filter will be added on top of the screen and will be applied to the transactions displayed
- Click the x on the filter to remove the filter
Billing / Payments
The Difference Between “Charge” and “Apply Payments”
When bulk applying payments you may come across both a Charge and Apply Payments option. What’s the difference between these two?
- Charge: Applies all payments for just one client.
- Apply Payments: Applies all payments for all clients on the page.