The Org Account can grant other employees access to manage time off requests.
To provide employees permission to manage time off requests:
1. Navigate to the Permissions Module .
2. Select the permission group you want to grant access to manage time off requests or create a new group for this permission.
3. Click the Permissions tab.
4. Click Human Resources .
5. If you want to grant the permission group complete access to manage all the employees time off within the organization, click the x Gray button on the right hand side of the Time Off > Administrator permission right, and turn it to a Green Check-Mark.
6. If you want to grant the permission group access to manage employees time off only for their direct reports, click the x Gray button on the right hand side of the Time Off > Manage Employees permission right, and turn it to a Green Check-Mark.
To learn how to review employee time off, click here.
To learn how employees request time off, click here.
To request time off:
1. Navigate to the Human Resources Module and select Request Time Off.
2. Click the day(s) you would like to request off on the calendar.
3. Edit the number of hours for the day(s) as necessary.
3. Click Select time off type… and select the type of time off you would like to request from the drop down list.
5. Click Select approving manager(s)… and select the name of the manager(s) who need to approve your time off request. Select as many managers as needed from the list of managers displayed*. 4. Add notes and further details about the request under Add a note to this request…
5. Click Submit Time Off Request on the bottom of the page.
*For a manager(s) to appear on the employee list, he/she must have Admin – Time Off permission rights. To learn more about time off approval permission rights, click here.
This is where you can define exactly how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off.
To add a new time off type:
- Navigate to Payroll and click on Settings.
- Click the Time Off Settings tab.
- Click on the Time Off Type button.
- Enter in a name for this time off type and click Add Time Off Type.
You can also create different levels of accoutrements that the employee can reach based on time employed. As an example, an employee can start earning 5 hours of PTO every 7 days once they pass 90 days of employment. You can also create another level that lets other employees earn 7.5 hours of PTO every 7 days once they reach 2 years of employment, and so on.
To add a time off policy:
- Under any of your time off types, click on Add a policy.
- You will then be asked to fill out the following:
- Policy Name: use this field to give the policy a unique name.
- Time Off Type: you can choose the dropdown to relocate this policy under a different time off type.
- Carryover Date: the date which marks the end of a year. This will determine when carryover PTO hours are transferred.
- Accruals Happen: you can either choose to accrue time off during each time period, or after a set amount of time.
- Accrual Amounts Based On Hours Worked (Timesheets): will base PTO accrual on how many hours have been converted within CentralReach.
- Pro-rate Accruals: this setting will take the number of days worked and divide by the number of business days in the pay period to determine the employee’s PTO accrual.
- Accrual Settings: in this section you will define how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off.
From there you can either click on the Add another level link to add a new accrual type, or click Save Policy if you are done.
To view the status of a time off request(s):
1. Navigate to the Human Resources Module and select My Time Off Requests.
2. A summary of all your time off requests, along with their corresponding status will be displayed.
3. Click Show Details under the Dates Requested column to see further information on the time requested.
4. Click Show Responses under the Status column to view the manager approval status: (Awaiting response), Approved or Denied.
6. If you have Admin – Time Off > Administrator permission rights for your organization, you will see additional options to Approve, Deny or Edit your own time off requests.