To request time off:
1. Navigate to the Human Resources Module and select Request Time Off.
2. Click the day(s) you would like to request off on the calendar.
3. Edit the number of hours for the day(s) as necessary.
3. Click Select time off type… and select the type of time off you would like to request from the drop down list.
5. Click Select approving manager(s)… and select the name of the manager(s) who need to approve your time off request. Select as many managers as needed from the list of managers displayed*. 4. Add notes and further details about the request under Add a note to this request…
5. Click Submit Time Off Request on the bottom of the page.
*For a manager(s) to appear on the employee list, he/she must have Admin – Time Off permission rights. To learn more about time off approval permission rights, click here.
This is where you can define exactly how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off.
To add a new time off type:
- Navigate to Payroll and click on Settings.
- Click the Time Off Settings tab.
- Click on the Time Off Type button.
- Enter in a name for this time off type and click Add Time Off Type.
You can also create different levels of accoutrements that the employee can reach based on time employed. As an example, an employee can start earning 5 hours of PTO every 7 days once they pass 90 days of employment. You can also create another level that lets other employees earn 7.5 hours of PTO every 7 days once they reach 2 years of employment, and so on.
To add a time off policy:
- Under any of your time off types, click on Add a policy.
- You will then be asked to fill out the following:
- Policy Name: use this field to give the policy a unique name.
- Time Off Type: you can choose the dropdown to relocate this policy under a different time off type.
- Carryover Date: the date which marks the end of a year. This will determine when carryover PTO hours are transferred.
- Accruals Happen: you can either choose to accrue time off during each time period, or after a set amount of time.
- Accrual Amounts Based On Hours Worked (Timesheets): will base PTO accrual on how many hours have been converted within CentralReach.
- Pro-rate Accruals: this setting will take the number of days worked and divide by the number of business days in the pay period to determine the employee’s PTO accrual.
- Accrual Settings: in this section you will define how an employee with this policy will accrue their time off.
From there you can either click on the Add another level link to add a new accrual type, or click Save Policy if you are done.
To view the status of a time off request(s):
1. Navigate to the Human Resources Module and select My Time Off Requests.
2. A summary of all your time off requests, along with their corresponding status will be displayed.
3. Click Show Details under the Dates Requested column to see further information on the time requested.
4. Click Show Responses under the Status column to view the manager approval status: (Awaiting response), Approved or Denied.
6. If you have Admin – Time Off > Administrator permission rights for your organization, you will see additional options to Approve, Deny or Edit your own time off requests.
The organization account, or a user with the proper permission, is able to create or edit a custom permission group for employees to manage other employees time off requests.
To grant employees permission to manage time off requests:
- Navigate to the Permissions Module
- Select the permission group you want to grant access to manage time off requests or create a new group for this permission
- To learn how to create a new custom permission group, click here
- Click the Permissions tab
- Click Human Resources
- To grant employees in the group complete access to manage all organization employees time off, click the x gray button on the right hand-side of Time Off > Administrator, to turn it into a green checkmark
- To grant employees in the group access to manage their direct reports time off, click the x gray button on the right hand-side of Time Off > Manage Employees, to turn it into a green checkmark
To remove the time off managements permissions from a group, click the green checkmark to turn it into an x gray button.
To learn how to review employee time off, click here.
To learn how to request time off, click here.
Once your time off request has been approved, if your organization has additional time off settings configured, an appointment will be automatically added to your calendar with a PTO service code. This will prevent you from getting booked during your scheduled time off and will allow you to easily convert your time off to a timesheet.
To view your time off request on your calendar:
- Navigate to the Scheduling module and select View My Calendar
- Enter the date you have time off scheduled and approved
- The request will be shown on your calendar and the corresponding time will be booked
The time off requests added to your calendar must be converted to a timesheet, for payroll transactions to be recorded correctly. You must convert the appointment as soon as the time off occurs.
To learn how to view the status of your time off request, click here.
To learn how to set up the organization’s time off settings to book employees calendars when time off is approved, click here.